Ralph C. Walsh, DO
Dr. Walsh comes to North Texas Musculoskeletal Medicine after many years both in private practice and as Flight Surgeon in the United States Air Force, serving domestically and abroad. He currently is a Colonel in the Texas National Guard.
He is Board Certified in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) and Family Medicine. His medical focus is Osteopathic Manipulation Therapy (OMT), a system of hands-on techniques used by osteopathic physicians to alleviate pain and correct structural changes in the body that inhibit healthy function.
Dr. Walsh extends his focus on OMT from private practice into his numerous leadership and educational roles, including Committee Chairperson of the Osteopathic Education Service for the American Association of Osteopathy. His education roles include the University of North Texas Health Science Center, College of Osteopathic Medicine. He was an Associate Clinical Professor of OMM at UNTHSC from 2011-2015.
Dr. Walsh is a Dive master and Rescue SCUBA diver. He also speaks fluent Spanish.
- Sept. 2012-Dec. 2014 Academy of Medical Educators, UNTHSC-TCOM.
- Aug. 1995-July 1996: Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Fellowship, Osteopathic Medical Center of Texas, Fort Worth, Texas.
- July 1993-July 1995: Family Medicine?Residency. Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
- June 1992-June 1993: Internship. Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
- Aug. 1985-Aug. 1988: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Aug. 1985-Aug. 1988: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas.
- Committee Chairperson, Osteopathic Education Service, AAO
- Colonel and Chief Flight Surgeon, Texas Air National Guard
- Course Director, Year III Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) core rotation, UNTHSC-TCOM
- Visiting OMM lecturer to 3rd/ 4th year medical students and FP Residents at UNTHSC Core sites (Texas)
- Texas Osteopathic Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- Association of Military Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons