Dennis E. Minotti II, DO
Dr. Minotti is specialty trained in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine by the American Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine with advanced training in Regenerative Medicine. His primary focus is Regenerative Orthopedics, nonsurgical procedures designed to accelerate regeneration of cells in healing of acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries. Founder of North Texas Musculoskeletal Medicine in Southlake TX, Dr. Minotti is a pioneer in the field of regenerative medicine. He believes that orthobiologic procedures such as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Stem Cell Therapy are a new frontier in medicine, offering treatments that effectively bridge the gap between medications that mask pain and invasive surgery. As scientists learn more about the physiology of how our bodies heal, healthcare is able to use this research to find new and better treatments.
Dr. Minotti is honored to be recognized by his peers with the Top Docs award for the fourth consecutive year. He also serves as an adjunct professor at University of North Texas Health Science Center.
Dr. Minotti believes that health care is no longer merely the treatment of disease. We all want to live longer, live better and live healthier. We no longer want medications that treat pain but mask injury, procedures that cut and sew. He has helped thousands of patients find freedom from pain to restore their quality of life.
Reviews from his Patients
As many people know, very significant osteoarthritis causes great knee pain...
As many people know, very significant osteoarthritis causes great knee pain and - wanting to avoid surgery - in late August, 2020, I received a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment given by Dr. Minotti. Dr. Minotti is an extremely gifted D.O. who uses ultra sound to precisely administer the PRP shots into pivotal places in each knee. I experienced only minor discomfort for 48 hours and on the third day, I was already experiencing relief when I walked. Now, five weeks later, I walk with ease and my expectation is that this knee comfort will continue to grow for another few weeks AND it will also slow down the progression of the osteoarthritis. I am so pleased with the results, I am planning to have another treatment within six months to build up my knees even more. This PRP procedure has exceeded my very best expectations and I highly recommend it and Dr. Minotti to anyone who has such a need.
Arthritis in hands and stress fracture foot
Arthritis in my finger joints was getting worse and simple tasks caused a lot of pain. Also was experiencing loss of strengthin hands. Dr Minotti was able to walk me through various options and help me make an informed decision on what treatment plan was best for me. I chose to go with PRP and although the treatments were uncomfortable, they worked! I had my first treatment on the most damaged joints and all but a couple were now pain free. I opted to do a second treatment and now everything is pain free. My joints are flexible and not aching. I can sew and do all my projects without any pain. I also hada stress fracture in my foot that was not healing with conventional methods. Dr. Minotti walked me through the PRP process and was able to get me back on my feet with just one treatment. I highly recommend him and his team. They always make me feel welcome and make sure I understand the whole process. Follow up was great too. Thanks Dr. Minotti! Beverly S
Dr. Minotti is on the cutting edge.
This PRP procedure has been excellent and definitely worth while. It has greatly helped my osteoarthritis and keeps my knees much more flexible. My quality of life has greatly improved seeing Dr. Minotti. Patricia O
I have been pleased with the outcome of my treatment.
I have had degenerative pain in my thumbs & lower back. I was treating the back pain with chiropractic treatments but not experiencing a more permanent outcome With PRP treatments I am getting more relief each time I have received a treatment. I am satisfied with the progress being made and plan to continue treatments further. Nancy P.
Dr. Minotti and Natasha are an awesome team
I had the prp procedure done on my cervical and lumbar areas well over 7 months ago and haven't experienced any pain from both areas.Dr.Minotti is so down to earth. He's so cool, and very educated and knowledgeable. I'm so comfortable whenever see him and Natasha, because they make you feel at ease. Wendy M
PRP improved my shoulder and low back/hip pain
I had struggled with pain in my shoulder as well as low back, hip/sacral area for several years before meeting Dr. Minotti.I had spent quite a bit of time, enegy and financial resources on visits with other doctors and chiropractors before meeting the team at North Texas Musculoskeletal. I consider myself to be a pretty active inliidual and was very disappointed that I was having to refrain from many types of activities that I enjoyed because the pain was so limiting. It even got to a point where picking up my infant was nearly impossible at times. After treatment with PRP, I was able to slowly ease back into normal exercises and activities that I had missed. I have such high regards for Dr. Minotti and recommend PRP to many that are suffering from pain and would like a more natural approach where our own body can do as it was designed and help heal itself. Charity B.
I felt like I was well informed beforehand and post procedure was great.
Dr. MInotti and his staff are very good communicators , explained things and didn't try to pressure me into decision. Very helpful and friendly. Charlotte B
Dr Minotti answered my questions in a way that easy to understand. The procedure went exactly as ...
Dr Minotti answered my questions in a way that easy to understand. The procedure went exactly as described and the results are excellent. My knee is pain free for the first time in a long time. Lance G
PRP is working
My injection is slowly making my life much better. Pain is considerably less Terry H
After multiple consultations with several different providers, I heard through a colleague about NTMSK and Dr. Minotti. After my initial visit, I'm sure glad I was referred to NTMSK! Before leaving the office, I knew I was in the right place! I've been under the care of Dr. Minotti for the last 8 months and always look forward to the follow up visits. My shoulder is much better than when I initially saw Dr. Minotti in the latter part of 2019. Thank you NTMSK and Dr. Minotti! Rob F
My knee pain is almost gone and after 7 months I have noticed increased strength and range of motion when doing yoga. I am grateful for Doctor Minotti& staff. Deborah Y
PRP for Achilles Tendinitis
I cannot say enough positive things about this provider. After nearly 16 years of chronic pain due to a stress fracture that rubbed on my Achilles tendon, I finally found relief! ONE treatment of Platelet Rich Plasma solved this issue. Regenerative Orthopedics should be the best practice standard!! Thank you, Dr. Minotti! Teresa C
Always providing great counsel
Dr. Minotti's bedside manner is always exceptional. He listens well, offers great advice, and is very comprehensive. I trust him and will continue to seek out his medical opinions on my health. I can't recommend him enough. Joel S
Huge success treating torn rotator cuff with PRP
Dr. Minotti is very caring and knowledgeable. We're blessed to have a leader in this field in the DFW metroplex! I'm so happy to be out of pain, back to full strength and to have avoided surgery that would have been costly and would have had long downtime. His staff is great too--no bruising after my blood draw which I greatly appreciated. I highly recommend Dr. Minotti. Rachel L
I was a chiropractor junkie. The more I went the more I needed it. I have spondylolisthesis meaning L5 has slipped forward causing me pain and discomfort in my low back and hips. After the first treatment I was 80 percent better and able to resume normal activities. I decided to have a second treatment because I wanted to get to start working out without aggravating my low back. This has truly been life changing and I recommend it to everyone. I have not been to a chiropractor in over 9 month!! Sandra L
I always walked out with a smile on my face after each appointment
Dr. Minotti is very thorough, and takes time to listen and is always conservative with his treatment recommendations. I have had muscle manipulation treatments and PRP on my shoulder and big toe on my right foot. I have been in much better health since I started being treated by Dr.Minotti, no more chiropractor for me! I have been seeing Dr.Minotti over 4 years. He's the best!!!! BE
Myriad of problems in the shoulder. Torn rotator cuff. Arthritis. Cysts.
Myriad of problems in the shoulder. Torn rotator cuff. Arthritis. Cysts. Being the dutiful American health care prisoner , I went to my primary care physician. Naturally, surgery was recommended. However, it ain't what you know, it's who you know, and I eventually ended up on Dr. Minotti's doorstep. After a lifetime of bad decisions, finally one I can safely say was one of the best. Just a good man. Knows his business. I can't say that PRP is a picnic (actually it's only mildly annoying. More weird than painful) but it took half an hour, no scalpels, no cuts. And so much more affordable than surgery. He said it would take about 8-12 weeks ...and it did. Spot on. I had a second round three months later. It's now three months after that, and I am 100% fully operational. It's like nothing ever happened. Bottom line: go see this guy for your aches and pains and tears and such. Office staff is exceptional. His assistants are amazing (thank you for letting me squeeze the rubber duck). Detailed explanations during the procedure. Wonderful man, wonderful doctor, wonderful results. Bob B
Professional staff. Dr Minotti spent a long time and I felt amazing when I left...
Professional staff. Dr Minotti spent a long time and I felt amazing when I left; hip pain better! I like the natural approach. Highly recommend. Kim R
These guys are super! They are some of the few DOs who still practice manipulation. If you’ve not taken advantage of their services, you should try them out. Dr Jay Roop is my Dr and he’s fabulous! A nice gentle touch combined with great training to see quickly what’s out of alignment he needs to focus on. He’s a Dr who listens! He also is a Family Medical qualified Dr who focuses on the manipulation practice since he knows how effective it can be. Judy
So happy to have FINALLY found real osteopathic physicians that perform OMT. I receive ongoing treatment from Dr. Cox for numerous skeletal issues and injuries. He is precise, efficient and very, very good. Dr. Minotti has given me PRP procedures for shoulder injuries, including osteoarthritis and bursitis. I have relief for the first time since October of 2016. Would not hesitate to recommend! Teresa
They are wonderful! They have helped my daughter so much with numerous soccer injuries, both knee and back. Highly recommend! Leah Leah
I felt that I had tried everything, from massage and chiropractic, to acupuncture and even Cervical epidural steroid injection (which were VERY expensive, painful, and even traumatizing); and nothing seemed to work. Then, my Orthopedist told me about Dr. Minotti … WOW! The lessening of pain was amazing and fast – I soon cut back on my medications, and have since eliminated them altogether. The increase in range of motion and mobility, combined with the significant decrease in pain, are phenomenal. I now recommend Dr. Minotti to everyone I know who is suffering from any kind of joint or muscle pain. Jim Mayher
I was very IMPRESSED with the treatment I received from Dr. Roop. I limped into his office in pain from an injury the previous night. Upon examination, Dr. Roop knew exactly what I had done and how to treat me. I walked out of his office limp free and within 24 hours I was completely pain free. Debra
I drive 90 minutes to see Dr. Minotti. He’s that good.
Dr. Minotti is simply the best in the business. His needle technique is unparalleled, and is ALWAYS on the cutting edge with his continuing education. Unlike many "regenerative" or pain clinics around this area, this clinic is not a cash machine or conveyor belt and does NOT price gouge. Front office staff VERY educated, and pleasant as well. Definitely a 5 star rating. Wendy Herman
Dr Cox was recommended to me by a friend. I was suffering with very painful sciatica and had tried several different modalities with no relief. I was amazed at how Dr Cox could tell where the pain was with just palpation. The manipulation was very gentle. I was given exercises to do. It started getting better after the first treatment. Unlike chiropractic treatments which require several visits a week for as long as it takes, my visits to Dr Cox were a couple weeks apart. As I got better, the visits were even further apart. My sciatica pain is gone. My husband is now planning a visit to Dr Cox as well. I highly recommend Dr Cox. Sue Carle Estes
Dr. Minotti is the absolute BEST. He is compassionate, caring and very professional. He makes sure you are receiving the best care possible. Edna
Dr. Minotti was able to provide the care I needed rather than just giving me medicine to relieve pain. He has proven to work at the root issue of my pain with a specific plan at addressing overall wellness. I would recommend Dr. Minotti for any friend or family. James
Best experience I have had with any physician. Not only did he listen , but he took steps to positively address my issues.
One morning I woke up with a horrible pain in my right shoulder. The pain expanded to include all of my right arm and part of my neck. I noticed I was loosing strength in my right arm as well. I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Roop, and upon my first visit he was able to reduce the pain significantly. After my third visit the pain was totally gone.
I have had episodes similar to this one in the past, but I’ve never had the pain dissipate as quickly as with the treatment provided by Dr. Roop. I firmly believe in his knowledge and expertise and whole-heartedly recommend his services for others who are suffering from this type ailment. Monty
Dr. Minotti asks straight forward questions and then, intently listens so the patient can answer clearly. He does not dictate a plan of care but develops one with the patient’s input. His compassion is unsurpassed. John
The visits are always on time. He is very patient explaining the procedures and ideas on how to improve my health issues. I never feel rushed. I have recommended Dr. Minotti dozens of times. I could not be more pleased with his service.
ABSOLUTELY the very best in his field. A God send to me. Dr. Minotti has helped me more than any other physician I have consulted with regarding my pain level.
- 2006-2008: NMM/OMM Specialty Residency at Plaza Medical Center/UNTHSC, Fort Worth, Texas
- 2005-2006: Traditional Rotating Internship at Columbia Hospital, West Palm Beach, Florida
- June 2005: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens, Ohio.
- June 2001: Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio.
- Board Certified in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine/ Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (NMM/OMM)
Regenerative Orthopedic Training
- The Orthohealing Method: “Orthobiologic Essentials: a review of the basic and clinical science literature”, April 2020
- The Orthobiologic Institute (TOBI) Symposium: “10th Annual PRP & Regenerative Medicine Symposium”, June 2019
- American Association / Academy of Orthopaedic Medicine: Hands on Regenerative Orthopaedic Medicine Workshop, 2019
- Medfit Symposium and Hands-on Workshops: “PRP for the Spine”, September 2018
- American Association / Academy of Orthopaedic Medicine: “The Complete Interventional Regenerative Orthopedic Medicine (IROM) Specialist” April 2018
- Interventional Orthopedics Foundation: “Diagnostic Ultrasound with Shoulder Orthobiologic Core Injection Skills Including Hands-On Image Guided Cadaver Lab”, March 2018
- Interventional Orthopedics Foundation: “2018 Education Conference & Cadaver Lab: The Orthobiologic Singularity”, February 2018
- Medfit Symposium and Hands-on Workshops: “PRP and Nerve blocks for the Upper Extremities”, January 2018
- Interventional Orthopedics Foundation: “Intermediate Hip and Knee A Hands-on Image guided intermediate Injection Cadaver Lab”, September 2017
- Medfit Symposium and Hands-on Workshops: “PRP and Nerve blocks for the Lower Extremities”, September 2017
- Interventional Orthopedics Foundation: “Level 1: Nucleated Cell Counting Hands-on Lab”, February 2017
- Interventional Orthopedics Foundation: “Bone Marrow/Mini-Lipo Aspirate Harvesting Hands-on Cadaver Lab”, February 2017
- Interventional Orthopedics Foundation: “Raising the Bar in Interventional Regenerative Medicine”, February 2017
- Regenerative Medicine Training Institute (RMTI): “Introduction to Regenerative Medicine for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine”, June 2016
- The Orthobiologic Institute (TOBI) Symposium: “Protocols, Research, & Practice”, June 2015
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Guided injections, MSKUS, February 2014
- The American Osteopathic Association of Prolotherapy and Regenerative Medicine (AOAPRM): “Prolotherapy and Regenerative Medicine Workshop”, October 2007
- 2007 - 2009: NIH-NCCAM (AT002303) Treatment Efficacy of OMT for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Carpal at UNTHSC, Fort Worth, Texas: treatment provider
- 2008 - 2011: NIH-NCCAM (K23PA05143): Low Back Pain in Pregnancy study at UNTHSC, Fort Worth, Texas: treatment provider
- 2007 - 2011: NIH-NCCAM (K24AT002422): Chronic Low Back Pain study at UNTHSC, Fort Worth, Texas: treatment provider
- 2006 - 2007: MOPSE (Multi-Center Osteopathic Pneumonia Study in the Elderly): treatment provider
- John C. Licciardone, DO, MS, MBA; Dennis E. Minotti, DO; Robert J. Gatchel, PhD; Cathleen M. Kearns, BA; Karan P. Singh, PhD. Treatment and Ultrasound Therapy for Chronic Low Back Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Annals of Family Medicine. March/April 2013: Vol. 11, no. 10.
- Dennis Minotti, DO; John C. Licciardone, DO, MS, MBA; Cathleen Kearns, BA; and Robert J. Gatchel, PhD, ABPP. Osteopathic Medicine Approach to Pain Management. Practical Pain Management: September 2010: Vol. 10, no. 8.
- Robert J. Gatchel & Nancy D. Kishino & Dennis E. Minotti. The Three Major Components of Behavior Used for Assessing Pain: Problems Faced When There Is Discordance Among the Three. Psychol. Inj. and Law. 2010: 3:212-219.
- Colonvega, Makasha, Hensel, Kendi, Minotti II, Dennis, Williams, Stuart. A case report of Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment in a 14-year-old girl with McCune-Albright Syndrome. AAO Journal. September 2009: Vol. 19, no. 3, p. 21-24.
- Licciardone JC1, Kearns CM, Minotti DE. Outcomes of osteopathic manual treatment for chronic low back pain according to baseline pain severity: results from the Osteopathic Trial. 2013 Dec; 18 (6):533-40. doi: 10.1016/j.math.2013.05.006. Epub 2013 Jun 10.
- Licciardone JC1, Kearns CM, Hodge LM, Minotti DE. Osteopathic manual treatment in patients with diabetes mellitus and comorbid chronic low back pain: subgroup results from the OSTEOPATHIC Trial. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2013 Jun; 113(6):468-78.
- Licciardone JC, Gatchel RJ, Kearns CM, Minotti DE. Depression, somatization, and somatic dysfunction in patients with nonspecific chronic low back pain: results from the OSTEOPATHIC Trial. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2012 Dec; 112(12):783-91.