NTXMSK 4 Life
"Let food be thy medicine, let medicine be thy food." - Hippocrates
Bodies heal themselves. They are constantly rebuilding, repairing and regenerating. Our job is to make certain that our bodies have the tools to do this by maintaining good health and healthy lifestyle. Everyone sees their own personal wellness differently according to what they desire in life. No matter what this vision entails for you, we consider ourselves partners on this journey with you.
Often, a wellness goal requires a shift in how we think about food, our bodies, and our lives. There is only one way to get all the vitamins and minerals our bodies need and to achieve permanent results. The answer is simple… healthy eating and a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
NTXMSK has put together our ideas about how you can best achieve optimum results. These changes apply to all parts of our lives, creating a balance for our whole self to work in synchronicity. Please download material that may be helpful to you.
7 KEY ELEMENTS TO SUPPORT A HEALTHY BODY COMPOSITION
You NEED 8 hours of quality sleep. If you are not sleeping well, it is important to be evaluated to check adrenal function and other medical issues that can lead to poor sleep and fatigue. During sleep the body will rebuild and repair while also releasing hormones that promote lean muscle growth and fat loss. Sleep deprivation is directly related to obesity and chronic disease.
Whether you are looking to lose weight, build muscle, maintain a healthy weight, feel better, or live longer, healthy eating has the same principles. Without a healthy balanced diet, you will be energy deficient which leaves you short of your full potential. With calorie deprivation, muscle is broken down for fuel. We need a constant energy source to avoid muscle breakdown. It is critical to stabilize blood sugars to decreased sugar surges and insulin spikes because high insulin levels lead to weight storage. Three influences on blood sugar levels to avoid insulin spikes:
- Meal intervals- have a small healthy meal every 3-4 hours
- Nutrient ratios- Protein 30% (important for lean muscle mass and metabolism), Fat 30% (important for energy and hormone production, CHO (carbohydrate) 40% (important for energy) Need fat and protein with CHO to decrease the sugar absorption rate and resulting insulin spikes.
- Calories per meal (more than this will spike insulin and cause fat storage) 200-300 calories for females 300-400 calories for males
Stable blood sugar levels allow the body to burn fat for its energy rather than lean muscle. NO dieting or skipping meals (calorie or CHO restriction) Leads to muscle breakdown and slowed metabolism as the body enters "survival mode."
Some form of exercise should be done most days of the week.
- Weight Training-increases lean muscle mass- increases metabolism and fat burn-increases anabolic hormone release (GH, T)
- Cardio Training-in the fat burning zone (HR around 110 120), can be done with weight training
- Balance/proprioception- increases joint awareness and decreases fall risk
- Stretching-relax and stretch after workout to increases joint range of motion and muscle stress
Download our recommended list or visit our dispensary at www.wellevate.me/dennis-minotti
Lab levels should be evaluated and results optimized for health and body composition.
Sip and drink throughout the day and before meals (1⁄2 body weight in ounces a day).
Yoga, meditation, time for self, reading, light walk, deep breathing, walk, “down time” This should be done most days of the week.